I had a variety of small pleasures this week, they were not all involving food! Here they are:
1. I had the hardest laugh I’ve had in a long time. I was crying and my abs hurt. What made me laugh so much? John Mulaney: New in Town on Netflix.
2. Got some giant apples and pears from the not-so-close neighbor’s orchards. I love home-grown produce gifts.
3. I shopped for the house: new bed sheets, new bath towels, new kitchen towels… It’s really nice to have a home refresher.
4. I did 75 burpees and ran 1.5 miles in 27 minutes and didn’t die. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into when I joined Crossfit classes three weeks ago, or was it two? I don’t even know.
5. While watching Jeopardy one night, I answered a question right which none of the contestants even tried to answer, AND it was the last question of the category which is always the hardest one of the category. It was a proud and happy moment.
6. Got to have some real Mexican food this weekend. We drove about 50 min to find it and it was worth it.What made you happy this week?
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.