There were a lot of little things happening this week. These were my small pleasures:
1. Getting back into working out felt good after not being able to exercise much due to tons of traveling this month.
2. Outstanding Peruvian food at a great restaurant in Portland called Andina.
3. Seeing Mount St. Helens up close. Although it was disappointing that the mountain and the observatory were closed when we drove there this week, it was still nice to see it closer than usual.
4. Shopped at REI for some needed workout shorts and wool socks for hiking.
5. Late night snack of goat cheese and crackers. I saw goat cheese on sale last weekend and jumped on it. I love goat cheese but never really buy it. I greatly enjoying snacking on it along with some fresh watermelon.
6. This week, Netflix unveiled a documentary series called Chef’s Table and we have seen the first two episodes so far. It is so good! Food documentaries are my favorite, and this one is so well made. So excited to see the rest.
7. Yesterday we were just hanging out in Portland when we saw this little place hosting a Kentucky Derby party. We crashed it and took some fun video and photos of the amazingly dressed people. It was fun. We only crashed it for a few minutes.
8. I bought some nice tulips this week. Always a pleasure to buy flowers.
9. Our comforter doesn’t fit in our washer so we have to wash it at a laundromat. Somehow we never find time for that. This weekend we did and it made me really happy. I love a clean bed!
See what others were happy about:
Tiny Pleasures #2 | My Tiny Obsessions
Small Pleasures Week #11 | Lizzy Reads Books
Weekly Small Pleasures: Coffee and healing | Scribblings from the Bluegrass
Small Weekly Pleasures #15 | Just Keep Swimming
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.