This week was pretty chill. We pretty much only left the house once on Saturday to go have a meal and watch a movie but it was a nice week. These were my small pleasures:
1. Fresh cut flowers from our garden.
2. Watering the trees during sunset a few times this week. Always a peaceful pleasure.
3. Pain au chocolat. Secret: buy a couple pain au chocolats from the french bakery, freeze them (they freeze well), forget about them (key), and then remember you have them and bake them in the oven and have amazing fresh pain au chocolat for breakfast.
4. Movie day. Watched the movie “The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared” at one of our favorite independent theaters and it was GREAT! It was so delightful. If you are a film buff and enojy independent, artistic and foreign movies, this is one of the best I’ve seen in a while. If you just like action and hollywood movies you may not love it as much as we did. Highly recommended.
5. Cookie and cappuccino. To kill time before the movie we hung out at a nearby bakery and enjoyed ourselves. I rarely drink coffee (unlike tea) but I enjoy a small cappuccino every now and then.
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
Did you know A New Life Wandering is on Facebook?