Even though my week wasn’t all about family and stuffing myself with mashed potatoes, I still had some pretty enjoyable moments. See what they were:
1. I got new boots! I’ve been wanting some boots that are suitable for the rain for a while and I finally got me these. I ordered them last week and they arrived this week. Early Christmas present for myself. On top of that, I bought them with money that I earned, that’s also a good feeling, AND I got an amazing deal on them.
2. Fresh baked cookies. I made some peanut butter chocolate cookies and they were very yummy.
3. I came across these rare outtakes from Charlie Chaplin’s early films and they made me smile so much.
4. Date night with hubby. We went to eat at a French/Nordic little restaurant and then to an independent movie theater to see Brooklyn, we both really liked it.
I did it! Today I took up on oil painting! It has been years since I last made a painting. I bought this traveling oil painting art case at the store of the @AlbertinaMuseum in Vienna in 2009. This case has traveled from Vienna to London, Mexico City, and recently Oregon where today has finally been used. #art #oilpainting #goals #vienna #albertinamuseum #oregon #travel
5. I started painting again! Since I was a child up until High School I painted a lot. I took up oil painting very young and fell in love with it. Then I stopped. For several years I’ve been wanting to start again and this week I finally did. Honestly, I don’t know how much I’ll keep it up. But it was very nice to do so.
See what others were happy about:
Weekly Delights #48 | Follow me to…
Weekly Small Pleasures #3 | The Wandering Feline
Middle Europe Weekly Small Pleasures #12 | Middle Europe
Weekly Small Pleasures *11* | A Stitch to Scratch
What made you happy this week?
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
P.S. Are you on instagram? I am!