This week was one of those weeks where I thought was pretty uneventful and I wouldn’t find many pleasures but just because I made this post I realized I had plenty! This is why this “event” is great. I invite you to join me next week and post your own on your blog!
1. Tuesday was super fun! We went to the city and visited the barbershop (for hubby), had an amazing dinner at one of our favourite French restaurants, and went to see the Book of Mormon. Although there were a few jokes related to God that I did not like/was offended by, most of it was hilarious! It was our first Broadway show in Portland. Oh, how I love going to the theater.
2. My Cairn box arrived. I always enjoy getting fun mail. It’s a box subscription with outdoor products. You can read my review here.
3. I worked out 4 times this week and I was barely sore! Okay, so this is a big deal for me. For almost a year I have been mostly working out no more than 3 times a week because my workouts are very intense and I get very sore the next day but since last week I started noticing that I wasn’t as tired or as sore after a workout. It seems I have reached a point where my body can handle more. It’s quite an amazing thing to realize.
It also means I’m gonna have to get me an extra sports bra (I only have one) and maybe an extra top and sports socks since I’m going to be getting dirty the ones I have faster during the week.
4. I made a reaally good recipe for cookies. Every time I make cookies I try a different recipe. This time I came up with something amazing, they were even flourless and dairy free. Yup. I’m gonna have to make them again and share the recipe on the blog.
5. Hubby and I watched a movie on Netflix that we enjoyed so much: “Meet the Patels”. Having been to India many times this was very enjoyable to watch, but I think anybody would enjoy it.
6. Apparently Friday was my lucky day. When I left to run errands, hubby asked me if I could buy a nice postcard to send to a man in Ukraine who is very sick and a family member requested postcards from around the world. My first thought was “where the hell do I buy a postcard?”. After trying the first gas station I passed and not finding any, I headed to the chamber of commerce. Not only did they have some but the woman there said that as of that same morning they had decided to stop selling the postcards and make them free to take. They used to be very cheap so I wouldn’t have minded to pay for them but just because she said: “it must be your lucky day!” I took her words and decided it was a good day. Just a good feeling.
See what others were happy about:
This Week’s Small Pleasures | Thistles and Kiwis
the week when everything started to fall into place // 3 | BE LOVE LIVE
Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
P.S. Are you on instagram? I am!