It was a pretty big week here in our new town. We explored, we got some furniture, and we found several places where to exercise indoors and outdoors. These were my week’s small pleasures:
1. A trip to IKEA. I don’t know how they do it but it felt like Christmas when we were arriving to this store. The last time we shopped there was a few years ago in North Carolina. It’s just an amazing store.
After surviving the long and winding road inside IKEA, frozen yogurt soft serve at checkout hits the spot. (Just don't tell hubby it was frozen yogurt because he doesn't like it. He finished his thinking it was ice cream. I think he just dislikes the idea of it.) Swedish lingonberry jam made the budget cut today, but not the king bed. Sometimes I wish we had a smaller mattress. #firstworldproblem #ikea #softserve #frozenyogurt #shopping #newhome #utah
2. Good food. We drove an hour and a half to Salt Lake City to run some errands (like stocking up on Trader Joe’s) and we tried a new place to eat which was really good! I order the grilled salmon with polenta and grilled tomatoes. So good. The place was nice and peaceful too. Maybe that’s why they call it Oasis Cafe.
3. Getting back to crossfit. When we moved out from Oregon a few weeks ago, I was actually missing my Crossfit classes (and the people) pretty fast. I was happy to see that they had not only one, but several Crossfit gyms to the town we moved to. I tried out two different ones until I found one that I was happy to make my new Crossfit gym and family.
4. Our first hike in Utah! We love hiking but we don’t do it much. I think we are going to be doing a lot of that here. We actually wanted to start off with an easy trail but when we got there it was closed due to snow, so on the way back we just parked where a lot of cars were parked and decided to take on that hike. It was moderate… 3.7 miles with an incline 900 feet of elevation. A little more than we wanted but we finished a couple hours later and felt really good.
5. Taking a bath. We haven’t had a bathtub since North Carolina (over 3 years ago). Our new apartment has one and it was great taking a bath after that hike.
See what others are happy about:
Weekly Small Pleasures (#5) | Holoholo Girls
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.
P.S. Are you on instagram? I am!