I hope you all had a great week! Here are my small pleasures of the week:
1. The tulips and daffodils (seen above) that my husband and I planted in Oregon 10 weeks ago are growing beautifully! We are no longer there to see them, but the owners of the house have been posting pictures of them and it makes us happy to see them.
2. Sore abs! I gotta say, that’s a good feeling, especially because it’s rare. I’ve had sore shoulders and legs very often, but when my abs are sore is actually a welcome feeling! Who doesn’t like having a strong core?
3. Amazing views at my new gym. I’ve been going to a new crossfit gym for about 2 weeks now and only a couple of days have been warm enough to open the “garage door”, but when they do open it the views are amazing!
4. Snuggles with kitty. I don’t often talk about my cat during the weekly small pleasures but he definitely brings me a lot of smiles. He’s awesome.
5. Having a quiet dryer. In our last apartment our dryer buzzed super duper loudly when it was done drying and I could never figure out a way to disable that stupid noise. The dryer in our new apartment is nice and quiet 🙂
6. Watching an amazing documentary on Netflix. It’s called Jafar Panahi’s Taxi and it follows the director posing as a taxi driver driving people around in Tehran, Iran, listening and witnessing amazing stories.
7. Saturday fun. We drove to the big city (about an hour and a half away) and did some shopping for our hiking, we watched a movie at the film society, and had some dinner at a french bakery.
Share your happiness!
I find that the small things that make us happy every day are easily forgotten.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart smile…
You can share in any format you like. For people to find your post, tag your post “Weekly Small Pleasures” and link to my most recent post for a pingback! You can also just share in the comments.